- Migraines affect 51 percent of women and 38 percent of men.
- It causes a loss of 6 workdays per year per migraine sufferer
- It costs American employers $13 billion per year
Headache treatments must incorporate management of risk factors such as:
- Medication overuse
- Excessive stress
- Caffeine overuse
- Sleep deprivation or sleep apnea
- Management of other pain syndromes
Managing headache and migraine
Other management options include:
- Acute therapy with drugs
- Prophylactic therapy with certain drugs
- Botox injections for chronic migraines
- Suboccipital neurostimulation
For more information about DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital’s neurology services or a referral to a Sinai-Grace neurologist, call 313-966-4800.