Become part of our team...
As the heart of our northwest Detroit community, DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital is on a journey of excellence. Our goal is to have the most satisfied staff, which in turn will lead to the most satisfied patients. Our plans are working as evidenced by the recent increase in patient satisfaction scores, increased volume and the renovation of many units/facilities.
Our 404 bed teaching hospital has opportunities for registered nurses and graduate nurses in such specialties as medical, surgical operating room, critical care, orthopaedics, emergency, obstetrical and cardiovascular nursing. There are many career opportunities available. Click here to apply online.
If you are interested in learning more about the exciting nursing opportunities at DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital, please contact our Nurse Recruiter at (313) 966-9702.
In spring 1999, two hospitals with roots in the community boldly consolidated services under one roof. The former Sinai and Grace hospitals joined to create DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital in the former Mount Carmel Hospital building. In 2013, Tenet Health, an investor-owned hospital company, acquired Sinai-Grace’s parent company, Detroit Medical Center (DMC), making it one of the five largest for-profit systems in America. Between 2012 and 2016 Sinai-Grace embarked on a $77 million construction project adding a spacious new lobby, a technologically-advanced 59,000 square foot Emergency and Trauma Department, a Medical Intensive Care Unit, Surgical Intensive Care Unit, a new lobby, registration, labs and radiology units.
Today, Sinai-Grace is the largest of the 7 DMC hospital, offering more than 40 specialties, including cardiology, oncology, emergency medicine, obstetrics/gynecology, and 13 surgical specialties. As a full-service community hospital located in northwest Detroit, Sinai-Grace has new facilities, new technology, new programs and a new attitude.
• Invested in:
- extensive renovation of all patient rooms
- cafeteria modernization
- refurbishment of Professional Office Building suites
- update of the surgical lounge and resident on-call rooms
- opening of a new Kresge Eye Institute optical eye care shop and Season’s Hospice inpatient unit
• Renovation and expansion of two new outpatient pharmacies -- one located in Sinai-Grace Hospital and the other in the Professional Office Building.
• Between 2012 and 2016 Sinai-Grace embarked on a $77 million construction project adding a spacious new lobby, a technologically-advanced 59,000 square foot Emergency and Trauma Department, a Medical Intensive Care Unit, Surgical Intensive Care Unit, a new lobby, registration, labs and radiology units.
-In 2016, the surgical services acquired a Makoplasty Robotic for robotic-arm assisted knee replacements, one of 4 within the DMC which is currently on pace to be the #1 provider of robotic hip and knee replacement surgeries in North America.
-Sinai-Grace opened the City of Detroit's ﬁrst open-bore magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) system. This MRI system accommodates claustrophobic patients or patients up to 500 pounds with its large bore, or opening. In addition, Sinai-Grace purchased video goggles, allowing patients to watch their favorite movie during their MRI procedure to help patients relax during the scan.
-Sinai-Grace expanded its laparoscopic surgical capabilities by investing $2 million in a minimally invasive robotic surgical system called the da Vinci Surgical System. Less pain, less blood loss, shorter hospital stay and faster recovery are benefits from minimally invasive robotic procedures.
-Sinai-Grace totally digitalized its mammography suite. Digital mammography is the latest technology for detecting cancer early and it delivers significantly less radiation than conventional mammography.
-Two newly-constructed, family-centered Intensive Care Units (Surgical and Medical) opened in 2015 featuring all-private critical care rooms in a technologically-advanced unit where the patient's electronic medical readings are automatically sent to their Electronic Medical Records.
-DMC took a leadership role when being one of the first systems in the country to move all patient records to electronic medical records and consistently receives the "Most Wired" award from H&HN Magazine.
• Sinai-Grace Hospital’s Advanced Wound Care Center oﬀers a comprehensive outpatient approach that promotes the healing of complicated wounds. Our team of specialized physicians and wound care nurses treat hard-to-heal wounds and teach patients how to prevent future wounds.
• Sinai-Grace has teamed up with Seasons Hospice & Palliative Care to create the ﬁrst hospital-based hospice unit in Michigan. The 10-bed, newly remodeled unit provides patients with a homelike atmosphere when special care like ventilator support, or aggressive pain management is needed, complementary services include music therapy, massage and pet therapy, as well as bereavement and support groups for families.
• Sinai-Grace Hospital is a training site for students from Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine and Wayne State School of Medicine. Sinai-Grace has a long history of providing medical education. With our partner, Wayne State University School of Medicine, we offer allopathic residencies in various specialties. Now, we offer osteopathic residencies and a dually accredited internal medicine residency that has earned national recognition for its 100% board pass rate for seven years – something only a few hospitals in the nation have achieved. Our vision is to be a community hospital that offers medical students and residents a first-rate training program.
Featured Hospital Services:
• Orthopaedics – our Joint Plus Excel program oﬀers minimally invasive hip and knee-replacement surgery for faster recovery. In 2016 DMC acquired the Makoplasty Robot to provide the most advanced knee replacements available.
• Women’s Services – oﬀers obstetrics/gynecology, cosmetic and oncologic specialties just for women.
• Surgery – Da Vinci robotic technology oﬀers many minimally invasive procedures with smaller incisions and faster recovery.
• ER – oﬀers its ER wait time on www.sinaigrace.org - this ensures patients faster access to the ﬁnest emergency care in northwest Detroit.
A Community Focus
- Sinai-Grace regularly holds free community events including health fairs, physician speaking engagements, community meetings, among other initiatives.
- Sinai-Grace holds free DMC & You community education classes from the fall through spring. These free patient education classes are consistently rated 4.94 out of 5 for excellence.
- Provided summer jobs to community youth through Project Genesis, and mentorship and leadership to youth ages 11-18 through Iota Boulé Fraternity, Frederick Douglas Academy and Delta Academy sorority.
A Focus on Quality and Safety
• Sinai-Grace is a Joint Commission certiﬁed Primary Stroke Center, a prestigious award for stroke care that conﬁrms Sinai-Grace’s commitment to achieve excellence with national evidence-based standards.
• Sinai-Grace was chosen to participate in MI STAAR (Michigan State Action to Avoid Re-hospitalizations) collaborative, TCAB (Transforming Care at the Bedside) collaborative, and Aligning Forces for Quality: Increasing Throughput Performance Measures collaborative.
• Sinai-Grace is participating in the Keystone project to help develop best practices in care for: OB, ICU, Surgery and Hospital Associated Infection. These collaboratives have helped us build a culture of safety, achieve a high level of quality and allowed
Sinai-Grace to set national standards, improve processes, develop best practices and share with and learn from other healthcare organizations.
• Detroit Medical Center’s successful implementation of Electronic Medical Records (EMR) places the system in the top percentile of U.S. Hospitals in EMR adoption, using electronic collaboration and document review to a nearly unsurpassed degree, in support of patient safety and care.
• Sinai-Grace earns the distinction of being certified by The Joint Commission, and has received numerous quality awards on an ongoing basis, including U.S. News Best Hospitals, Most Wired (H&HN Magazine), Supply Chain Excellence Award, Top Docs (Hour Detroit Magazine), Blue Distinction Center (Blue Cross Blue Shield), and a certified stroke center.