Beginning in 2013, there are new requirements for being accepted into the School of Radiologic Technology.
Click here for more information about the new requirements.
Applications are accepted between the following dates:
August 1st, 2015 through February 1st, 2016.
Prerequisites for Admission
- A $25.00 non-refundable application fee is required.
- College Placement Scores (Compass Scores) or ACT scores.
- High school graduate with educational background in math and science.
- An Associate Degree. Attention: This is a new requirement effective in 2013. Learn about the new requirements.
- The following college credits are required for admission to the program:
- two three-credit courses in English
- one three-credit course in Intermediate Algebra
- one three-credit Computer Science course
- one three-credit course in Anatomy and Physiology
- one three-credit course in Natural Science
- The Algebra, Anatomy and Physiology courses must have been taken within 4 years of application.
- The applicant must be in good physical and mental health to meet the requirements of a physically demanding healthcare position.
- The candidate should be aware that in order to perform the duties of total patient care, the radiographer must be able to:
- Lift more than 60 pounds routinely
- Work with arms above head routinely
- Push and pull routinely
- Bend and stoop routinely
- Work standing on feet 90 percent of the time
- Work with sick and disabled patients
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old.
- Prospective candidates may be required to spend two four-hour sessions or one eight-hour session observing in the department.
- Selected applicants must pass a physical examination provided by the hospital.
- Selected applicants must pass a criminal background check before final acceptance into the program. The fee for the background check is the responsibility of the candidate.
The DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital School of Radiologic Technology application packet must be completed and returned by the deadline of February 1, 2017. All the following must be placed in one envelope. All completed packet will include the following:
- DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital School of Radiologic Technology application
- Official transcripts
- Associate Degree confirmation
- College placement scores
- Written statement of career goals
- Three letters of recommendation
Selection of Applicants
The Admissions Committee will review all applications, Associate Degree transcripts, college placement scores and references. Interviews will be held to assess communication and interpersonal skills prior to final student selections. Not all applicants are interviewed.
The program does not accept transferring students or advance placement.
The admissions committee will select students in accordance with nondiscriminatory practices in respect to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, and all other protected classes provided the physical requirements of the program are met.